Next Level Business Essentials with Davenport University: Strategic Planning & Tactical Action
Workshop Facilitator: Mark VanDellen.
Mr. VanDellen started his career working for Keystone Community Church, where he honed his skills and advanced his career by leading and directing a variety of projects. One of the keys to his success is his ability to coach others, drawing out the best in them and inspiring action around goals and mission. Mark completed his seminary training at Liberty University where he obtained a Master’s degree in Leadership and became ordained. Mark is a consultant/coach for Level Ten Consulting Group and founded MVD Coaching, LLC in 2015 to continue growing his influence and impact as a coach with corporate clients across the country. His client list includes the Manufacturing, Hospitality, Aviation, Automotive, Logistics and transportation, Sawmills and lumber manufacturing, Financial institutions and commercial lending, and service firms. He also teaches a course in leadership principles at Cornerstone University and a variety of courses for Davenport University's Institute for Professional Excellence.
Cost: $50 for Chamber members, $80 for Prospective & Non-Members. Includes Lunch
Name: Next Level Business Essentials with Davenport University: Strategic Planning & Tactical Action
Date: June 15, 2018
Time: 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM EDT
Registration: Register Now
Strategic Planning and Tactical Action: June 15, 2018; 10:30am-1:00pm
Most organizations have strategic plans; however, 70-90% of businesses with formulated strategies fail to execute them appropriately. The tactical actions of any strategy are critical to success.
Through this workshop, you will gain a stronger understanding of the strategic planning process. Learn ways to translate your goals and objectives into tactical action plans that can be implemented at all levels of the organization.
Focus areas include:
• Initiating strategic planning
• Developing key success factors, benchmarking, and best practices
• Relating mission, vision, and values within strategy
• Linking the strategic plan to key performance indicators in the organization
• Using SWOT analysis to determine goals that leverage strength and account for weakness
• Assigning roles, responsibilities and accountabilities to drive initiatives forward
• Utilizing cascading goals, tactical action plans, and balance scorecards
• Communicating strategies to all levels of the organization for universal buy-in